Sunday, March 21, 2010

Suction cup - the Squid

The other night we took the kids to dinner at a local Mongolian grill. There they had whole squids that you could cook and eat. My son of course was thrilled! He loves sea creatures - so he went and got two squids. He ate one (that he told us tasted like spaghetti), and the other squid got wrapped in a napkin and placed in his pocket. The squid then came home with us. The next day my son spent playing with his new found friend. He named his squid "suction cup". My son and suction cup did everything together. They ate lunch together, jumped on the trampoline together. It was an exciting and fun-filled day. My son also built an obstacle course for suction cup to go through. The course had long tubes that the squid had to pass through - which as my son informed me was an easy task for suction cup seeing as how he has no bones in his body.

Sadly, suction cup the squid (being a luke-warm and dead squid) started to smell. We explained to our son that the squid had to be thrown away. My son started sobbing. How could we throw away his best friend suction cup? He was adamant that we not treat his best friend in such a manner. So, my son went outside in the backyard and found a suitable place to bury suction cup. Now, we have a grave for an already dead squid. We love you suction cup - you will be missed.

1 comment:

  1. That is impressive that you let him play with it for as long as you did...sounds pretty gross! You're such a nice mom.

    ReplyDelete